30 April 2012

Homeless Guys Paragraph


                There are some homeless guys that live behind some shrubbery in a gas station parking lot near my house. They often look like they’re having a merry time. For a few moments here and there, I wish I were them but then I remember that such ruminations are silly. They sit on empty milk crates and drink beer and smoke cigarettes. They sure do make it look appealing, as far as homelessness goes. I’m always surprised that the cops don’t make them leave or arrest them or something, they are breaking all kinds of rules being there. I like rule breaking, so that makes the endeavor seem even better. They have long beards and raggedy jeans and look like they’ve seen the worst of the world. I look like all of those things sometimes too. I know for sure that they are less lonely than me because they have homeless friends, I’ve seen as many as 4 or 5 of them hanging out there together before! I guess I could join them for a while and then just go back to my house when I’m done, but I don’t know if they would accept me if I wasn’t actually poor or homeless or stinky. Gaining acceptance is one of the toughest parts of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment